Terms & Conditions
1. Delivery: We make all jewellery to order, so please allow up to 28 days for delivery, although we of course aim to send you your order as soon as possible. Your parcel will require a signature on receipt. All payments must be received and authorised before shipment.
2. Packaging: Depending on its size, your jewellery will be sent to you in an Alexandra Simpson box or a pouch. Please be assured that we always package our items securely and safely.
3. Prices: Our jewellery is charged at the price shown on the product page on the date you place your order. Prices shown include VAT if applicable, but do not include delivery, which will be quoted at the payment stage of your order. Errors and omissions are excepted. Orders will be processed at our published prices, otherwise, in the case of any unexpected change in price, you will be informed and asked if you wish to reconsider your order before proceeding. All prices are stated in British Pounds Sterling. Please note that in some countries additional duties may be payable to your local tax authorities on receipt of your delivery. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Do contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
4. Payment method: By credit card. Please use the ‘contact us’ link should you want to pay by bank transfer. We use an external provider, PayPal, for the processing of your payments. As part of your ordering process, your will be redirected to the PayPal website. We therefore do not store your credit card details.
5. Returns and refunds: All of Alexandra Simpson’s jewellery is hand made specially to your requirements, so we are unable to offer refunds, unless the item is faulty. They must be sent back in their original, unworn condition. Should you receive a faulty or damaged item, please notify us within seven days by emailing email@example.com quoting your name and address, details of the product, the damage or fault, and whether you require a refund or replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return.
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods. We cannot be held responsible for returns that are lost in transit.
Your postage costs will not be refunded unless the item you received is faulty (and provided we are notified of faults within 7 days of receipt).
All products to be returned must be carefully repackaged in their original packing and be in an unworn condition. We will not exchange goods that have been worn, do not have their original packaging or show obvious signs of abuse. In this instance, the goods will be returned to the buyer at their own cost. In the interests of fraud prevention, your refund will be issued by the same method that you paid within 14 days of receipt of the return.
6. Sizes: When ordering rings, it your responsibility to ensure that you have ordered the correct size. A ring ordered in the incorrect size can be re-sized, but this will be subject to a charge. Please use our ring size chart to ensure you are ordering the correct size, and indicate the ring size in the ‘order comments’ section of our checkout page.
7. Deliveries: We send our product using the UK’s Royal Mail. Late Deliveries: if your delivery has been delayed, then please contact us and we will provide you with the tracking number to enable you to check its status with Royal Mail. International delivery: when we send a parcel abroad, the actual delivery of the item will be the responsibility of the postal service in the country the items are going to. Delays can often be caused by customs checks, which can sometimes take up to 1-2 weeks. Items not received but tracked as being delivered: this frequently happens when items are delivered to places of work. In some cases, your item might have been delivered to a post room or colleague within your company and someone else will have signed for it. In these cases, you can view the proof of delivery signature online, or in some cases for a small charge you can request a proof of delivery certificate from Royal Mail (www.royalmail.com) by filling in a signature request form. Please note that we do not refund or replace items that are tracked as being delivered. For this reason, we always recommend that you get items delivered to your home address. We cannot refund or replace lost items until 20 working days after the date of despatch (30 days for international items) – this is when the UK’s Royal Mail classes items as being lost.
8. You agree that your order is an offer to purchase the products listed in your order (“Products”) from us. All orders submitted by you are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order in our discretion for any reason without liability to you. Examples of when we may not accept your order are as follows:
(a) if products are shown on our website but are not available or are incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described;
(b) if we are unable to obtain authorisation of your payment;
(c) if shipping restrictions apply to one or more of the Products.
9. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, registered or unregistered designs, copyrights and patents) in or related to this website, the products depicted and/or available on this website and any accessories, stationery, packaging or ancillary items connected to such products, your order or the website (the “Intellectual Property Rights”) are and shall remain the exclusive property of Alexandra Simpson. All such rights are reserved.
10. Privacy: We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
By placing an order, or by subscribing to our mailing list, we will use the information you provide us to contact you about your order, and provide you with information about our products. You can contact us at any time to unsubscribe to our mailing list by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our email, or by visiting the ‘contact’ page
We will never sell or pass on your details to anyone else.
This site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
11. Security: Our site provider has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information provider. We do not store financial information such as credit card numbers, which are dealt with outside our website, through the PayPal service.
12. Online Conduct: By using the service, you agree that you will not attempt to undermine the integrity of this web site.
13. Limitation Of Liability And Warranty: We are not liable or responsible for any injury, allergic reaction or other effect on any person as a result of wearing any products supplied by us.
We will not be liable, whether in contract, in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these terms for any:
(a) economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
(b) loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(c) special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with these terms.
Our aggregate liability under these terms and conditions whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall in no event exceed 100% of the price of the Products you have ordered from us.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS,’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, SERVICES, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE SOFTWARE LICENSED TO YOU AND THE RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE. SPECIFICALLY, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: 1) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; AND 2) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE SERVICE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER CUSTOMERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
NEITHER THE SERVICE NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE OR INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO OR USE THE SERVICE OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE SERVICE.