Would you like to treat yourself or that someone special to a unique handmade piece of jewellery? We would love to discuss it with you.
Are you looking for someone to create that special engagement ring, wedding ring or tiara? Look no further, Alexandra Simpson jewellery is designed and handmade specially for you, to your requirements, in our workshop in London.
A step-by-step guide to Engagement rings for guys
- Find out your fiancee’s finger size (the ring finger on both hands can be different sizes so don’t measure a ring from the other hand). Bring a ring to our first meeting, or to any jewellers and they will measure it for you. We advocate against measuring it yourself with a ruler as the measurement can be out by as much as 2 sizes.
- What coloured metal jewellery does she prefer to wear? Yellow gold or silver? Has she given any hints as to what metal she would like on her finger: for example yellow gold, white gold, platinum or a mix of colours?
- Does she like diamonds or other coloured stones? Would you just one or more diamond, or a mix of both? Do you already have stones you want to use from a heirloom piece of jewellery?
- What type of jewellery does she wear: Traditional, intricate, contemporary, chunky, delicate?
- Are there any styles she likes in particular, such as Art Deco, Art Nouveau (We are well known for our contemporary take on Art Nouveau jewellery but can obviously do any style). Look for hints: are there any pictures of jewellery she likes that she has cut out?
- Do you want something specially made and different from everyone else? We presume that if you looking at our website and have got this far then the answer is YES.
- Familiarise yourself with the famous 4 ‘C’ of diamonds (carat weight, color, clarity, cut) and start thinking about your budget.
Trying to have answers to these questions will be a good starting point for our first meeting. Click here to contact us by email or phone.